Part-time Help

The employment ordinance says that either the employer or the employer can end the contract with just one month's notice.  It takes, on average, two months from the time you sign a contract until your helper arrives in Hong Kong. So what do you do when your helper gives you 30 days notice? 1) Ask her if she would be willing to stay until the new helper arrives and/or 2) Look for part-time help to get you through the extra month. The Hong Kong government has a service, 本地家務助理,matching local domestic helpers with employers. I've added it to our permanent links in the right-hand column.