The following notice is from Matilda Hospital. They have some excellent training available for parents and/or helpers.
Dear Parents ,
I am pleased to inform you that there is a NSC Paediatric First Aid and CPR Course will be held on 20, 25, 27 Nov. Certificate from National Safety Council will be issued after taken the course.
In the United States, accidental injuries are the leading health problem for children 1 to 16 years of age. According to the National Safety Council, injuries cause more deaths among children than all diseases combined and are the leading cause of disability. First Aid can provide temporary assistance until medical care, if needed, is obtained. Proper first aid can also mean the difference between life and death, rapid and slow recovery, or temporary and permanent disability.
This 9-hours course is taught by qualified instructors and classes are taught in a relaxed, easy to understand way. Scenario is included in the classes so that you can practice your skills and get yourself prepared in the real situation.
- Basic life support - Child and infant rescue breathing, cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and choking
- Actioning in an emergency
- Bleeding and shock - severe allergic reaction
- Wounds - infection prevention
- Burns - prevention, assessment and care
- Head and spine injuries - eyes, nose and mouth injuries
- Fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- First aid kits
- Heat and cold emergencies
- Sudden illnesses - seizures, asthma and diabetes
- Safety at home
This course is suitable for parents of children from newborn to 8 years of age.
The upcoming course is scheduled on the following dates:
Date: 20, 25, 27 November
Venue: Matilda Medical Centre, Central
Price HK$1,600For booking or further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me on 2849 0357.
Health Education Co-ordinator
Communications, Project Development Department
Matilda International Hospital
Tel: 2849 0357 Fax:2849 5570